Doctor Tom Michaelis concurs with what was inspired by the University of Columbia and does recognize and practice lawful and ethical “Patient Bill of Rights.”
while you are a patient at any given treatment establishment where this is a practcing and board certified physician in the field to which you are seeking treatment, that you have a right, consistent with law to:.
- Understanding the actual rights and if necessary will supply assistance and an interpreter.
- That you receive treatment without discrimination as to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability or source of payment.
- Receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment.
- If needed, receive emergency care.
- Be informed of the name and position of the persons rendering care and names and position of administrative staff.
- Receive complete information about the dental diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Receive all the information needed for you to give informed consent including possible risks and benefits.
- Refuse treatment and be told of the possible consequences of refusing that treatment.
- After a full explanation, have a right to refuse to take part in research.
- Privacy and confidentially of all information regarding your care.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care.
- Obtain your dental record for which you may be charged a reasonable fee. You legally can not be denied a copy solely because of inability to pay.
- Receive a receipt for and explanation of all charges.
“Notice no where in the Patient Bill of Rghts does it say the staff has to be friendl and all smiles, that is simoply a bonus at my establishment.”
-Doctor Tom Michaeilis, Newport Beach Oral Surgeon –